Physical Layer Security
- Direct data transmission by PhySec: It covers multi-user communications with an additional secrecy constraint. For example, wiretap channels, broadcast channels with confidential messages, etc., and we will analyze the secrecy capacity/capacity region of these channels.
- Key generation by PhySec: It covers the secret key generation with the source model and the channel model. In the former case, the legitimate users will observe a common source of randomness and try to agree on a secret key, which is unknown to a potential eavesdropper. In the latter one, one of the legitimate users transmits a random sequence through the channel to the other users and again they try to agree on a key. Practical sequential key distillation will also be covered.
- Authentication: It covers how to identify the legitimate communication partners by channel testing/probing or by the use of the physically unclonable functions.
Lecturer: Pin-Hsun Lin
Assistant: Carsten Janda
Credit Points: 5
Contact hours (SWS): 2h
Time: 13:15 - 14:45
Contact hours (SWS): 1h
Lecture notes are available at StudIP The password will be announced in the first lecture.
|Week||Date||DS||Lecture||Exercise||Remark / Material|
- A. El Gamal and Y.-H. Kim:
Network Information Theory
Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Matthieu Bloch und João Barros:
Physical-Layer Security - From Information Theory to Security Engineering,
Cambridge University Press, 20011.
- Yingbin Liang, H. Vincent Poor und Shlomo Shamai (Shitz):
Information Theoretic Security
Foundations and Trends in Communications and Information Theory, vol. 5, no. 4-5, 2008
- T. M. Cover and J. A. Thomas:
Elements of Information Theory,
2nd ed., New York: Wiley-Interscience, Juli 2006.
- R. W. Yeung:
Information Theory and Network Coding, Part I,
When applicable, current announcements can be found in Stud-IP.
Consultation hour: by agreement with Carsten Janda
Information abaut exam:
Students are requested to register by contacting Carsen Janda The following information is necessary: name, first name, matriculation no., course of study, semester, e-mail address. Do not forget to check, wether or not you have to register at your department (faculty) as well.
All participants must have a student ID and additionally a different valid ID with a photo.
In order to cancel the registration please inform Carsen Janda or Petra Beyer. We need the same student information as for the registration. Do not forget to deregister at your department (faculty) as well.
Updated: Friday, 29 November 2019