Current Systems for the Electronic Media
- Audio Video Source Coding
- Selected mechanisms for forward error correction and modulation
- Selected systems for audio, video and data storage, e.g. Compact Disc (CD), CD-ROM, DVD, Blue Ray Disc, Flash Memory
- Hardware features of MP3 players and Smartphones
- Data transmission via Digital subscriber Line (DSL).
- Many experiments during the lecture.
Lecturer: Prof. Ulrich Reimers
Assistant: Mark Hoyer
Contact hours (SWS): 2 h
Time: Mon 11:30 - 13:00
Location: SN 22.1
Lecture at Stud-IP: StudIP
Printouts and the access data for an additional multimedia online tutorial are available at the lecture.
Examination type: oral exam
Location: Room 207
Consultation hour: by agreement with Mark Hoyer
Students are requested to register to the oral exam during the lecture Image Communication I or Image Communication II or by contacting Mark Hoyer. The following information is necessary: name, first name, matriculation no., course of study, semester, e-mail address. Do not forget to register at your department (faculty) as well.
In order to cancel the registration please inform Mark Hoyer or Ronja Haase or Jutta Nottbohm. We need the same student information as for the registration. Do not forget to deregister at your department (faculty) as well.
Updated: Monday, 15 July 2019